4th of July Mattress Sales: Your Ultimate Guide to Saving
Are you in the market for a new bed this summer? You’re in luck. The Independence Day holiday is one of the very best times to shop—and score big savings.
This year is set to be especially good. There will be lots of great deals in every price range. And you can save on all mattress types—from memory foam, to innerspring, latex, to hybrids. It really is one of the best times to buy a new bed.
Use this article as your shopping guide. Here we’ll go over the basic details of this summer’s discounts. We’ll also compare the top beds by category to save you some time. We’ve collected all the deals we could find to make this resource as helpful as possible.
Read on to compare 2019’s best summer prices. Plus, get helpful tips for picking out the best bed for you.
Top July 4th Mattress Deals: Amerisleep’s AS3
There are so many mattress brands offering great discounts this time of year. But Amerisleep’s AS3 is our favorite option of all.
Amerisleep offers several eco-friendly memory foam beds with excellent reviews. And over the holiday they’re offering $200 off any mattress with the code JULY200. You can get a queen bed for as low as $849.
All of Amerisleep’s models are high quality options that represent an excellent value. But the AS3 might be our favorite of all. The medium-firm bed is designed to deliver maximum comfort for a range of sleepers. And it’s racked up nearly 5,000 enthusiastic customer reviews. Here are a few more features that make this model stand out:
- High-performance memory foam. Amerisleep’s proprietary foam is designed to offer maximum support and pressure point relief.
- Ideal firmness level. It’s just right for all sleep styles and positions.
- Cooling comfort layer. The AS3 is five times more breathable than traditional foams. Sleeping hot is rarely an issue.
- Zero motion transfer. You won’t get disturbed if your partner gets up or changes positions during the night.
- Sleep-supporting mattress cover. The cover features Celliant. This is a thermoreactive yarn that safely turns body heat into infrared.
- Plant-based foam and eco-friendly manufacturing practices. They’re better for people—and the environment.
- Generous 100-day risk-free trial. You get more than three months to try the AS3 in the comfort of your own home. If you decide it’s not for you, you can return it at no cost.
Like all of Amerisleep’s models, the AS3 is currently on sale. You’ll get $200 off the list price of $1,399 with code JULY200. This offer ends after Independence Day. Don’t miss out!
4th of July Mattress Sales: Who, What, When, and Where
Many of the holiday discount events will kick off by the end of June. A few might only run on Independence Day. Most retailers have extended their promotions through the week of the holiday. You might find some last even further.
Researching this year’s sale events took a lot of work. Here are the highlights that we found. These beds stand out for having above average customer reviews. They also represent great values.
|Sealy Posturepedic Lawson Cushion Firm||Great Entry-Level Innerspring Value||$897||Macy's|
|Amerisleep AS3||Best Memory Foam Value||$1,199||Amerisleep.com|
|Serta iComfort Hybrid Blue 300||Good Luxury Innerspring Deal||$1,399||Serta|
Where are the Best July 4th Mattress Deals This Year?
The better question might be, where aren’t they? Almost every major department store, mattress store, and online store will be slashing prices. You’ll find major sales at a number of retailers, including:
- Mattress Firm
Sale events are often posted on a rolling basis. Once they come out, we’ll post them here for easy comparing. Check back often!
Regional and local retailers will also be slashing prices. But here we’re focusing on events happening nationally. That doesn’t mean you shouldn’t look on your own. Mom-and-pop bed stores might surprise you with a great sale.
Don’t forget online shopping, either. Browsing and buying online is simple, efficient, and convenient. You can shop for a bed in the comfort of your own home—at your own schedule. It’s worth taking advantage of this great tool, so don’t miss out.
2019 4th of July Mattress Sales by Type
Now it’s time to really dig in. Here’s our comprehensive list of the most popular beds on sale from major national retailers. We’ve sorted the offers by bed type—including innerspring, memory foam, and latex. Prices are listed from lowest to highest to make comparisons easier.
Note that some stores are offering line-wide discounts on brands. In those cases we chose just one or two popular models to include in our charts. Below the tables you’ll find detailed summaries of discounts grouped by store.
Memory Foam Mattress Discounts
|Mattress||Specs||Sale Price||Sleep Trial||Warranty|
|Amerisleep AS1||$999||100 Nights||20 Years|
|Macybed Lux Barton Cushion Firm||$597||60 Nights||10 Years|
|Sleepy’s Cool Plush Memory Foam||$799||100 Nights||10 Years|
|Leesa||$845||100 Nights||10 Years|
|Amerisleep AS3||$1,199||100 Nights||20 Years|
|Serta iComfort Blue Touch 300||$1,499||120 Nights||10 Years|
|Serta iComfort Blue Touch 500||$1,799||120 Nights||10 Years|
|Casper Wave||$1,995||100 Nights||10 Years|
|Dream Bed Lux LX510||$1,999||100 Nights||10 Years|
|TEMPUR-Contour Rhapsody Luxe||$3,249||90 Nights||10 Years|
|TEMPUR-Cloud Luxe Breeze||$4,249||90 Nights||10 Years|
Learn more about how to find the best memory foam bed for the money.
Innerspring Mattress Discounts
|Macybed Resort Firm Euro Pilowtop||$697||Macy's|
|Sealy Posturepedic Lawson Cushion Firm||$897||Macy's|
|Beautyrest Recharge Bay Spring Luxury Firm Pillowtop||$899||Mattress Firm|
|Sealy Hybrid Trust II||$999||Sears|
|Stearns and Foster Garrick Luxury Firm||$1,247||Serta|
|Serta iComfort Hybrid Blue Fusion 300||$1,399||Macy's|
|Aireloom Vitagenic Copper Gel Firm||$1,797||Macy's|
July 4th Mattress Deals by Store
There are so many retailers offering big savings during the summer holiday. Here are the major national stores and online brands we’ve come across so far. Retailers are listed alphabetically.
Online at Amerisleep.com from 6/30-7/4.
- $200 off any plant-based memory foam mattress with code “JULY200”. Includes free shipping and free returns.
- Up to 17% off Amerisleep adjustable bed and mattress packages.
Online from 6/30 to 7/9.
- $125 off $1250 or more.
- $225 of $2250 or more.
- (Queen prices range from $600-$1995).
Online through 7/4.
- $150 off Leesa mattress ($845 in queen).
- $225 off Sapiro mattress ($1270 in queen).
Online at Macys.com and in stores through 7/4.
- $197 – Macybed Basics Foam Firm Queen Mattress.
- $297 – Macybed Classic Plush Queen Mattress.
- $397 –Macybed Premium Plush Queen Mattress.
- $597 – Sealy Lawson Plush or Cushion Firm Queen Mattress.
- $597 – Macybed Lux Memory Foam Barton Cushion Firm Queen Mattress.
- $597 – Macybed Resort Firm or Plush Queen Mattress.
- $697 – Macybed Resort Firm or Plush Euro Pillowtop Queen Mattress.
- $797 – Beautyrest Golden Gate Luxury Firm Queen Mattress.
- $797 – Beautyrest Golden Gate Plush Pillowtop Queen Mattress.
- $897 – Sealy Posturepedic Lawson Cushion Firm Queen Mattress.
- $897 – Sealy Posturepedic Lawson Plush Pillowtop Queen Mattress.
- $897 – Sealy Posturepedic Shore Drive Extra Luxury Queen Mattress.
- $997 – Masterpiece by Serta Albert Luxury Firm or Cushion Firm Queen Mattress.
- $1097 – Macybed Lux Baxter Firm or Plush Mattress.
- $1247 – Stearns and Foster Garrick Luxury Firm or Cushion Firm Queen Mattress Set.
- $1297 – Macybed Lux Coventry Cushion Firm Euro Top Queen Mattress.
- $1347 – Masterpiece by Serta George Luxury Firm Euro Pillowtop Queen Mattress.
- $1497 – Beautyrest Platinum Chestnut Hill Luxury Firm or Plush Queen Mattress.
- $1557 – Aireloom Hybrid Firm or Plush Queen Mattress Set.
- $1757 – Aireloom Vitagenic Copper Gel Firm Queen Mattress Set.
- $1797 – Beautyrest Black Giada Extra Firm Queen Mattress Set.
Mattress Firm / Sleepy’s / 1800Mattress
Online at MattressFirm.com, Sleepys.com, 1800Mattress.com and in stores 6/27 until 7/10.
- $648 – Sleepy’s Firm, Plush or Pillowtop Queen Mattress.
- $650 – Tulo Soft, Medium or Firm Queen Mattress.
- $799 – Beautyrest Recharge Hartfield 11.5” Luxury Firm Queen Mattress.
- $799 – Sleepy’s Cool Plush 12” Memory Foam Queen Mattress.
- $899 – Beautyrest Recharge Vinings 13.5” Plush Queen Mattress.
- $899 – Beautyrest Recharge Bay Spring 14” Luxury Firm Pillowtop Queen Mattress.
- $999 – Sleepy’s Pillowtop Queen Mattress.
- $1299 – Serta iSeries Hybrid 100 Firm Queen Mattress.
- $1499 – Serta iComfort Blue Touch 300 11.25” Firm Queen Mattress.
- $1499 – Serta iSeries Hybrid 300 Plush Queen Mattress.
- $1599 – Serta iSeries Hybrid 500 Cushion Firm Queen Mattress.
- $1799 – Serta iComfort Blue Touch 500 11.25” Plush Queen Mattress.
- $1999 – Beautyrest Black Hybrid Alcove 13.5” Plush Queen Mattress.
- $1999 – Dream Bed Lux LX150 12” Firm Memory Foam Queen Mattress.
See Mattress Firm listing – the deals are the same.
Online at Overstock.com, dates to be announced.
- Overstock typically offers smaller savings off of closeouts from Simmons, Serta, and store brands of spring and foam beds.
Online at Sears.com and in select stores through 7/15.
- $169.99 – Serta Chiswick Innerspring Queen Mattress.
- $299.99 – Sealy Response Essentials Cavell Innerspring Queen Mattress.
- $349.99 – Sealy Response Kenney Firm Tight Top Innerspring Queen Mattress.
- $562.99 – Beautyrest Silver Wavecrest Innerspring Queen Mattress.
- $614.99 – Serta Perfect Sleeper Elmstead Innerspring Queen Mattress.
- $661.49 – Sealy Response India Ultra Firm Innerspring Queen Mattress.
- $999 – Sealy Hybrid Trust II Innerspring Queen Mattress.
- Free boxspring with Beautyrest Platinum mattresses.
- Free boxspring with Scott Living mattresses.
- Free boxspring with Serta iComfort mattresses.
- $200 store card with Stearns & Foster mattresses.
- $200 store card with Sealy mattresses.
- $300 store card with Tempurpedic mattresses.
- $799.99 – Serta Motion Essentials adjustable bed in Queen.
- $799.99 – Beautyrest Smart Motion 1.0 adjustable bed in Queen.
- $799.99 – Ease by Sealy adjustable bed in Queen.
Online at Serta.com and in select retailers through 7/9.
- Free box spring with iComfort mattresses.
- Queen sets $1099-$2799.
- Up to $500 off mattress and adjustable bed sets (discount varies based on mattress and base model/size). Applies only to Motion Perfect III and Mortion Comfort II bases.
- Queen sets $2399-$3799.
- Split King sets $3398-$6798.
See Mattress Firm listing – the deals are the same.
Online at Tempurpedic.com and in select retailers through 7/15.
- Up to $550 off Breeze or Luxe collection mattresses, based on size and model.
- Queen size $3249-$4249 with discount.
- $300 off adjustable bases with mattress purchase (or credit towards accessories with a mattress foundation set).
Shopping Smart During 4th of July Mattress Sales
Lower prices alone won’t help you find the best bed. Even with a great discount, there are other important things to factor in. Keeping them in mind can ensure you get a comfortable bed that will last for several years. After all, your sleep—and health—depend on it!
So what should you be thinking about while you shop? Material quality and product guarantees are two biggies. But that’s not all. Here’s a full list of considerations when buying a new bed.
Your preferences are important.
What’s the first thing you should do before you start shopping? Think about what you like and don’t like about your current bed. What’s the most comfortable firmness level? What kind of comfort layer do you want? How long do you want the bed to last? What’s your price range? If you have a partner, talk about these things with them too.
Knowing these answers ahead of time can help you sort through different offers. It will also make it easier for salespeople to help you. There are many different beds out there. Taking the time to get to know what you like can help you avoid having to make a return. (Or worse, get stuck with an uncomfortable bed that can’t be returned.)
Read our Best & Worst Mattresses: 2019 Edition
Familiarize yourself with what’s out there.
Has it been a while since you bought your last bed? You’ll likely see a lot of new brands and buzzy technologies. Research and test a wide variety of options instead of going with the tried and true. You never know what will work until you try it.
For example? Innersprings are the most common bed type. But they actually have much lower owner satisfaction ratings than memory foam. (Innerspring rates are 63%, compared to 80% for memory foam.) Different brands can also use different materials in a range of qualities. So considerable variations can exist.
Keep in mind that the Internet is a great resource for your hunt. Check different online brands in addition to the showrooms. Often you can chat with a company rep to find out more about specific details. Keep notes on all of your findings for easy reference.
Learn where to seek out authentic, unbiased reviews.
Compare quality, not brand names.
Knowing the basics of bed construction can be helpful when you’re trying to comparison shop. It can also help you determine whether you’ve found a good deal. Things like coil count, foam density, and mattress components are all key factors worth looking into.
One thing that’s not as important is the brand name. A name alone won’t tell you much about quality or potential comfort. Especially since many companies tend to offer both low- and high-end models. Many also offer “exclusive” lines sold at different stores and artificially inflate pricing. This makes it tough to compare models directly.
The lesson here is simple. Always look at what’s going on inside the bed—not at the name tag on the outside. See how the quality stacks up to others in that price range and whether it meets your preferences.
Always check the fine print.
You’ll likely be using your new bed for eight hours every day for several years. That means that a good warranty is important. A bed with an unbelievable price won’t be a good deal if it starts to wear out within a year.
Your job as a smart shopper is to read the warranty details carefully before buying. Most mid- and high-end beds over $800 should come with at least 10 years of full coverage. This means the manufacturer will repair or replace defective products at their cost. Many brands also carry prorated periods after the full coverage term ends. This is when the manufacturer will still cover a portion of the costs.
Remember to check the warranty details too. For example, how deep do impressions need to be before coverage kicks in? Impressions over 1” are tied to greater discomfort, according to SleepLikeTheDead.com. So a warranty that covers impressions of 1” or less is best. The terms should also say if you need to leave the tags attached, use a mattress cover, or use a certain foundation to keep your coverage.
Also, pay attention to return policies. You should have at least 30 days to test your new bed in your home. And the retailer should be able to tell you any costs that come with returning the mattress. (If you should need to.) Not that most return policies say that beds must be free of stains and odors. So it’s always wise to use a mattress protector until you’re 100% sure you’ll be keeping your new purchase.
The Bottom Line on July 4th Mattress Deals
Independence Day is a fun time to celebrate and relax. But it can also be a great time to save on a new bed. The deals you see here are only available for a limited time. Consider taking some time to shop over the holiday if a new mattress is on your wish list. You won’t find discounts like this again until the fall.
As you now know, there are lots of discounts available. But one of the sales we’re most excited about is the one from Amerisleep. Remember, their AS3 is currently available for $1,199 for a queen using code JULY200. That’s $200 off the standard retail price of $1,399.
The AS3 is a crowd pleaser with a proven track record. (Almost 5,000 positive customer reviews can’t be wrong!) Plus, it’s designed to work for a wide range of sleepers. This makes it a great option to consider no matter your preferences. Especially if you don’t want to spend hours researching tons of beds. This sort of combination represents a truly excellent value. Especially since Amerisleep offers free shipping and a 100-day at-home trial with free returns.
Of course everyone’s needs are different. So focus on the details that matter to you and find a bed that matches up. With deals this good, you’re guaranteed to come out with an excellent option.